Attendance at Whitefield School
At Whitefield School we are proud that our pupils’ school attendance is strong. For our children to gain the greatest benefit from their education, it is vital that they attend regularly and punctually.
We highly value our work with families to promote good attendance, so that together we can:
- Listen to parents and carers carefully to find out why their children are not attending, so we can offer support where needed. This includes our pupils who are undergoing long term medical or therapeutic support.
- Provide family support through our dedicated teams Lesley Middleton (Niels Chapman School) firstname.lastname@example.org and Stephanie Earle (Peter Turner Primary and Margaret Brearley School) S.Earle@whitefield.waltham.sch.uk
- We ensure that our pupils’ attendance is always recorded accurately and legitimately, in line with current regulations
- Promote a culture where pupils, families and school staff recognise the links between good school attendance, the quality of education, keeping our pupils safe and the achievement of our children.
- See the process of securing good attendance for all pupils as an ongoing process, never something that is ‘finished’.
- Please advise the school of any absences in advance wherever possible via the home school book, phone or email
- For absence reported on the day, parents must contact the school 0208 531 3426 before 9:00 am
- Failure to report your child’s absence will result in an unauthorised absence
- If your child is absent for more than one day, you must call in every day they are not in school
Our School Day: